Go Greek! Gyros and Kebabs

It has been proven time and again that Rae and I are both planner wannabes. We always “plan” for our next food trip but we were never ever successful. It usually is the unplanned dinners that work for us both. It was one Friday when I just thought of asking her to meet me for dinner that same night. Surprisingly, we both didn’t have plans! And so we had dinner together, finally! Hallelujah!

We went to Food Choices in Glorietta and tried out Go Greek! It is another food discovery since it was my first time to try Greek food. The concept was go fresh, go fast, go healthy, the Greek style. We ordered…

Mix Meat Gyro Platter with rice (Php235). Gyro looks like the Greek version of the famous Shawarma. When ordered in a platter, it is served with side salad and pita bread. Customers can choose between rice and baked potatoes to go with their gyro. Since I’m a rice eater and its dinner time, I naturally chose rice. Big mistake! The rice plus the pita bread was a little too much for me. I wished I chose the baked potatoes over rice.
Mix Meat Gyro Platter with Rice

We were given two dressings, yogurt and hot sauce, although we were not quite sure where to use it. We ended up putting it on everything where it tastes good. :D

Chicken Kebab Platter with fried potatoes (Php205). This is grilled chicken skewers served with side salad. Rae chose the baked potatoes over rice. I never had the chance to taste it but I think Rae very much liked her kebab since she emptied her plate. Hehehe.
Chicken Kebab Platter with Potatoes

I was curious with the lamb meat but Rae advised me otherwise. I trusted Rae with this one since she’s more “experienced” that me when it comes to adventure food. (When I researched the net, it seems Rae is right in a way. Lamb meat, it seems, is not for everyone’s stomach.)

After eating and window shopping, we went to Krispy Kreme in RCBC Ayala. What better way to end the day than to drink coffee with a friend. Yipee!!!
Rae and her KK Coffee

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Go Greek! Gyros and Kebabs

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.