Chinese New Year at Mall of Asia

I've only noticed it recently... I think SM MOA has been making themed decorations every season now.  Early last month they put up cute Chinese New Year stuff at the atrium.


They have several of these faux cherry blossom trees.


I didn't know there were cherry blossoms in China, I had to google it to find out. It turns out the cherry blossoms symbolizes women's strength, think: Mulan.




Some of the trees had lanterns hung on them.




The one with painting of a face is my favorite.




In China, status and gender was associated to specific types of fans. Only I don't know to which these fans are associated with.




The chinese seem to be big on status symbol. Another evidence of this is the chinese lantern. The covering used to provide protection for the flame. Eventually the way the lanterns were designed became a mark of identification. A particular design can be identified to a specific dynasty.




 I wonder what they have in store for us this March.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.