Coffee, Cheese, and Rock Salt.. Together?


A Happy Lemon branch recently opened at SM Mall of Asia.

It didn't catch my attention at first because I thought it's probably another milk tea shop, and I wasn't really that fond of milk tea.

Last week though, I was feeling a little bit under the weather and I thought maybe trying out something I haven't tried before can jolt me into motivation.

I swear I was going to buy milk tea just to mix things up. But when I saw coffee on the menu -- it just felt so wrong to order something else. Coffee trumps tea every time!

My eyes caught grapefruit black coffee first but when I placed my order, the cashier looked at me like I lost my mind. I didn't want a bad first experience at Happy Lemon so I just asked her what coffee drink she would recommend instead.

Without batting an eyelash, she pointed to a photo of Coffee with Rock Salt and Cheese -- that was my cue to give her the have-you-lost-your-mind look. She told me it was their best seller so who am I to argue with the rest of the folks who like it.


And boy was I glad I listened to her. I never knew how great coffee, cheese, and rock salt go well together.


It's supposed to be drank without a straw so you can get the perfect mix of coffee, cheese, and salt with each sip.

I usually have my coffee black, which means no cream or sugar so I was happy that they had the option to reduce the sugar by up to 50%.  I never thought I'd enjoy sassy coffee again.  Next time, I promise I'll try their grapefruit coffee.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.